This course focuses on the importance of hygiene, the food handler’s legal responsibilities and their role in monitoring food safety procedures, and how to handle, prepare and process food safely. The objectives of the qualification are for learners to understand:
- How individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety
- The importance of keeping themselves clean and hygienic
- The importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic
- The importance of keeping food safe
Health & Safety
This course aims to provide learners with an understanding of health and safety for the workplace. The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- Identify and control common workplace hazards
- Understand the process of carrying out risk assessments, and how to respond to accidents and incidents in the workplace
- Understand the roles and responsibilities relating to health and safety in the workplace.
This course aims to provide learners with a basic introduction to fire safety for the workplace. The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- Develop a basic understanding of how fires can be prevented and controlled in a workplace environment.
- Understand duties and responsibilities relating to fire safety in the workplace.
Slips Trips & Falls
This course will provide employees and venues with sufficient information regarding slips and trips in the workplace to be able to prevent accidents. Slip and trip related accidents are far more common than we think and often result in serious injury. The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- Outline the size of the problem and the likely outcomes of a slip or trip accident
- Describe how floors become slippery
- Explain what constitutes a tripping hazard
- Identify slip and trip hazards in typical workplaces
Anyone who collects information or personal data for storage within the workplace should have an understanding of the Data Protection Act. This course will teach the key provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and how to comply with this in the workplace. The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- Identify various key definitions relating to data protection
- Understand the purpose of the Data Protection Act
- The principles that an organisation must apply
- How Data Protection is applied in practice.
Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
Responsible Service of Alcohol is about minimising excessive alcohol consumption and therefore minimising the negative effects this can have on the community. It seeks to provide a strategy that involves all people in the industry. The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- Sell and serve alcohol responsibly
- Deal with underage customers
- Deal with intoxicated customers
- Reduce liability
- Refuse Service
Environmental issues affect us all and in the hospitality industry there are many things we can do to help raise awareness. This course will provide learners with the key issues about the environment, where they fit in and how they and their venue can meet environmental targets. The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
- Understand key issues about the environment
- Prepare your venue to meet their environmental targets
Get started for free today
Cultivate a company that is efficient,
profitable and enjoyable.
Get Your Free Trial